Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fresh from the drawing table... Frog (Giant)!

I have for you today another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Frog and in parenthesis... GIANT! While 'F' didn't offer a lot of options (granted, more then some of the letters to come) it did offer up a critter that I can have some fun with and flex my monster muscles... a massive froggy.

Frog (Giant)
© 2010 Christopher Burdett

Yes, I know it feels more like a toad then a frog but toads are just more monstrous to me so this Frog (Giant) has a lot of toad features. I do not expect fleeing peasents to correctly identity to massive creature that just ate half their village. The subtle differences of a giant frog and and giant toad can be so easily lost when running for your life. When I got to work on this I instantly thought of him living in a broken down tower with his butt backed up against the wall. Our tree frogs do something very similar when sitting on plants in the yard.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

That's all for today. Trying to have a low key week while I can. I will be back on Friday another drawing if nothing else exciting rears it's head. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment