Friday, July 11, 2014

Fresh from the drawing table... Brownie!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Brownie! Still working my way through "B". So many monsters, so little time. This one sort of just happened while I was planning out some more mundane "B" monsters. I present to you my version of a Brownie… 

Brownie
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

Going into this piece I kept thinking about an old ArtOrder challenge I did way back in 2009, the Garreth challenge. There was part of me that considered just appropriating one of those designs... but I felt in the end that it would be disingenuous to my D&D MM redesign project. Besides, the Garreth concepts are five years old, and I am not the same artist that originally drew those. As far as the Brownie as a monsters... well, it is just another in a long line of creepy little humanoid creatures that seem to fill every ecological niche they can find. With what I know of real world humans and they LOVE for things that are different I am shocked that the humans of the Realms have not systematically whipped out all other non-human intelligent life. Maybe the humans of the Realms are more tolerant and accepting then the real thing... go figure! RAWR!

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment