Friday, March 9, 2012

Fresh from the drawing table... Minotaur!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Minotaur! 'M' still offers a lot of tasty monsters to choose from. Some are classics like the Mind Flayer and Mummy and some are rather silly like the Morkoth (which I am kind of really looking forward to working on them). For my second pass through the alphabet I went with classic and it is hard to get more classic then the a giant bull man that wonders the maze! I present to you my version of a Minotaur...

Minotaur
© 2012 Christopher Burdett

The Minotaur is so icon and has been envisioned so many I almost felt I was doomed to repeat another artist's vision when I set about doing this. I have even done other versions of the Minotaur, so I was endanger of appropriating myself. I wanted to create a more civilized more bison like creature with a massive barrel chest, curved back, and low set head. The coloring on this critter will also help it be unique among so many other interpretations... which at the rate I am progressing will not be something I need worry about for some time...

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.        

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment: