Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fresh from the drawing table... Jackalwere!

I have for you today another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Jackalwere! "J" provided very few options, though not as few a some of the letter to come (I am looking at you, "Q"). With my other choices being a mundane jackal or jaguar it was an easy decision in the end to go with the creepy shape shifter. I present to you my version of a Jackalwere...

Jackalwere
© 2010 Christopher Burdett

Unlike other lycanthropes the Jacklewere is a animal monster that can turn into a human and not a human afflicted with a curse that turns them into an animal monster. Much like the Kitsune this human guise is used to trick humans. I imagined it waits till the perfect moment to transform and strike. Your average Jackalwere must go through so many pairs of paints...

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.        

That's all for today. Hopefully the tracking confirmation holds true and I will have something fun to share with you on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. Q-Quetzalcoatlus: a flying reptile (extinct-or is he???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I am limited to list of monsters to choose from or I would have many many options for all the letters. In this case letters like Q, V, Y, X and Z only have one monster to choose from. I will make the best of it... and thanks of the suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete