Friday, April 24, 2015

Fresh from the drawing table... Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier! I am back to making some progress with this project of mine and have returned to completing all of the "B" monsters. There are six giant beetles in the original D&D Monster Manual and I have already completed one of them, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, so I decided to finish off the remaining five. I have worked up thumbnails and concepts of giant beetles and I will be working on their final drawings for the next couple of weeks. The first new giant beetle is ready to go! I present to you my version of a Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier… 

Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier
9 x 12
Pencil on paper
Original - Currently not available
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

The Giant Bombardier Beetle is the smallest of my giant beetles and may be the only naturally occurring one (though the jury is still out on the Giant Boring Beetle). The Giant Fire Beetle is definitely not of this world or material plane. In the fullness of time you will see that due to their size there is no way the rest of the giant beetles could ever be naturally occurring creatures. I think there was some wizard or vengeful God that had too much time on their hands. While most of my giant beetles will be forces of nature I wanted the Giant Bombardier Beetle to be a real and manageable threat to an adventuring party. You do NOT want to be caught on the wrong end of their boiling chemical spray. I pity a party of low level adventures that disturbs a nest of these giant beetles.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment