Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Fresh from the drawing table... Brain Mole!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Brain Mole! Wrapping up the last of the "B" monsters this week brings us finally to a rather diminutive monster that likes to give wizards a bad day. I present to you my version of a Brain Mole… 

Brain Mole
9 x 12
Pencil on paper
Original - Currently not available
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

There were some really messed up monsters in First Edition D&D. I am not talking about horrid abomination from the outer realms or massive unstoppable beasts. I am looking at you creepy mole thing that eats mental energy. That is just there for the Dungeon Master to mess with the players... not that I have a problem with that, it is just weird and cruel. Oh, I am sorry wizard... but your spell and mind and getting nibbled on by that mole over there on the ground. I bet a wizard created these things to mess with other wizards. I thought about making these things big and super gross, but I decided to keep them small and moderately gross. Brain NOMS!

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment