Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fresh from the drawing table... Intellect Devourer!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is an Intellect Devourer! 'I' has a lot of wacky monsters and some are jumping out at me a lot more then others. The Intellect Devourer is on such monster that is jumping out at me. Though it is near perfect in its original incarnation I tasked myself with redesigning it. I present to you my version of a Intellect Devourer...

Intellect Devourer
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

I am beginning to wonder if my personal take on the Dungeons and Dragons pantheon of monsters is partially layered with Lovecraftian influences. I am including a lot of tentacles and crazy forms. Though I love the idea of a giant crazy brain monster with legs that sucks your brain clean of all thought I wanted to go with something a little more physical in it's eating practices. I wanted it to need to get the head of it's prey and have to let it digest in the dangly stomach sack. I thought it would be fun to have one of the warning sighs that an Intellect Devourer was approaching was the tell tale sound of wet skulls sloshing around together.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.     
  
That is all for today, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment