Monday, November 14, 2011

Fresh from the drawing table... Giant (Hill)!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Giant, and to be more specific, a Hill Giant! 'G' offers up a lot of monsters and I knew it was only a matter of time before I needed to do a giant, so I figured no time like the present. Big and hulking monsters are some of my favorites (after monsters with tentacles, of course) and the giants offer that up in spades. I present to you my version of a Hill Giant...

Hill Giant
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

I was really looking forward to drawing a big dumb hulking giant. Once again I debated long and hard about reinventing the wheel on this one or to go with something a little more traditional. I considered a lot of ways to go really weird with it, but in the end pulled back on the design. The other giants most likely will have some crazy things going on with them when I get around to doing them. What really sparked this guy along was a piece of photo reference from another project that I never used. I really wanted to use this version of a pose but is just did not work out so I held onto it... and it finally found a home! RAWR!

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.        

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. Really great work on that giant! He'd be right at home in a post-apocalyptic game setting.

    ReplyDelete