Monday, February 28, 2011

Fresh from the drawing table... Quasit!

I have for you today another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Quasit! "Q", like several of the the letters left to go, only has one entry and that is the Quasit. Faced with the Quasit I knew I needed to make the best of it, and that meant TENTACLES. Well, that was just where my explorations led me as I began working on this little guy. I present to you my version of a Quasit...

Quasit
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

The Quasit is a little demon familiar for evil wizards and the like. This took my mind in two directions; the Quasit needed tentacles, LOTS OF THEM, and the Quasit needed to be wearing a snappy little outfit, something akin to a flying monkey (they sure did know how to dress!). Really good minions need to be gross or scary and be well dressed while executing their master's wishes. In all seriousness the Quasit did offer me the chance to just have some fun. Up until now the amount of tentacles has been pretty low (oh, Mind Flayer... maybe next time) this little guy seemed like the perfect candidate. For the record, I now have some really silly reference photos of myself in all sorts of weird crouching subservient poses...

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

That is all for today, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment