Friday, October 5, 2012

Fresh from the drawing table... Devil (Ice Devil)!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a devil, and more specifically an Ice Devil! I have mentioned before how "D" will be keeping me busy for a long time to come with all the devils, demons, dinosaurs and dragons. First up for the devil category is the Ice Devil, a particular favorite of mine. Hard to top the horror of a giant evil insect devil from the icy planes of Hell. I present to you my version of an Ice Devil...  

Ice Devil
© 2012 Christopher Burdett

I have been holding onto some photos I took of a cicada adult molting from its nymph stage. They are amazing, wonderful, alien, and horrifying images. I was thrilled to be there to see it happen and to be able to get some images of it. I have been waiting for the right monster to use those images on and when I decided to do the Ice Devil, I knew I had found the right monster. I have always found the cicada a fascinating insect, from its size, the fact that it does now pose a threat when handling it, and their super cool nymph shell they leave all over the place. But enough about cicada... I think... Big giant evil insect horror from Hell... and it has a spear. Looks like I gave it the ability to fly too, if it was not already a handful to deal with.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment