Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Halloween actually fell on a normal posting day for the blog so I figured I better do something holiday related. Halloween use to be a big event for me every year, but in the years since I worked and lived in LA my excitement for it seems to have faded. Hard to top when you had almost endless resources to make anything you could dream up and you were encouraged to come up with better and better costumes each year. Nothing like a Halloween party full of folks that work in the makeup effects and movie industry! Fun memories...

Today I have for you some images of the background masks I designed, fabricated, and painted for the Halloween episode of the 5th session of Angel. I was given boxes of parts and pieces and tasked with fabricating 17 masks to be worn by extras. From what I understand you never actually see any of these in the episode... but now you know that they were actually there. Here is a group shot as well as some closeups.

Background demon masks - responcible for design, fabrication, and paint work
© 2003 Almost Human

Fish Lips
© 2003 Almost Human

Ulser
© 2003 Almost Human

Waddle Bug
© 2003 Almost Human

 Stripe
© 2003 Almost Human

 Scar
© 2003 Almost Human

 Grandpa
© 2003 Almost Human

That is all for another exciting day on the blog, see you back here on Friday for some big news about the events of next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) They are all memories from my previous life as a different kind of artist.

      Delete
  2. So awesome! I really like Stripe. It must be cool to know you have the talent to turn a box of random bits into awesome monsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For the record, at the the time, many of these were not really liked by the powers that be when I made them. Oh well, glad you are digging them! :)

      Delete
    2. If studio heads new wtf they were doing, in particular with Joss Whedon shows, Firefly would be in it's umpteenth season by now. Kaylee and Simon could have a whole passle of critters underfoot :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, this was not anyone involved with the studio, this was my boss and some of my coworkers that were ridiculing these and making fun of them...

      Delete