Friday, September 23, 2011

Fresh from the drawing table... Demon: Juiblex!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Demon, and to be more specific, the Demon Lord Juiblex! I knew when I got back around to "D" on the second pass I needed to do a demon or devil. There was a little part of me that still is crying out to do a dinosaur, I guess that means there will be a definite third pass. Of all the demons in the Monster Manual there was one that instantly jumped out at me, the massive pile of slime and eye that is in a constant state of exploding and reforming. I present to you my version of the Demon Juiblex...

Demon: Juiblex
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

The Demon Lord of slimes and oozes... Juiblex was just an excuse to have a whole lot of fun drawing a big mass of mess. It shoots jets of acid and filth out of it's body, which is covered in eyes, as it collapses in on itself and reforms. Yeah, why would any group of heroes even consider fighting with this thing? All I know is that it was really fun to draw.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.        

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday for the arrival of... DRAGONS! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment: