Monday, May 24, 2010

Fresh from the drawing table... Axebird!

I have for you today another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is an Axebeak! Actually, there are two things wrong with what I just said... First, this one is not completely fresh, I in fact finished this one before the Bugbear and Chimera. I just found the other two a much more satisfying beginning to all this, as well as this would have been following quickly on the heals of another bird creature I had done. Secondly, can't really call this an Axebeak, somebody owns that name... so I give you, the Axebird.

Axebird
© 2010 Christopher Burdett

Is it a bird? Is it a dinosaur? Is it a prehistoric proto-dinosaur bird? It is all that and more. It's got waddles! Anyway, I wanted to give the large prehistoric bird creature a fresh look through my eyes and this is what I came up with. After I get work paintings done in a month or so this feathered friend is first up to get some paint. Of course if more work comes in that will continue to get slide back. ...as is the way with these things.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.       

I feel my eyes glazing over when I think about all the work I have to get done in the coming weeks. Well, better get to it, work does not make itself! I will see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment