Friday, August 12, 2011

Fresh from the drawing table... Beholder!

Busy week on the blog, that was very unexpected! Wrapping things up this week I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Beholder! "B" has a ton of choices and it was hard to pick the first time around. I intentionally skipped the Beholder on the first pass, but now on the second time through I could not resist. I present to you my version of a Beholder ...

Beholder
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

Not many monsters can be as awesome as the beholder. It has a big crazy eye, giant mouth, tentacle stalks with eyes all over it, it can fly AND has crazy magical powers. Hard to reinvent the sometimes, but one of the main focuses of this exercise is to just have fun and I sure had a lot of fun working on this drawing. Some drawings are a bit of a chore and take their time coming together and some just fly from the pencil... this was the latter. I tried to make it even more wrong, distorted and asymmetrical and of course added some tentacles... cause as I have stated plenty of times before, tentacles make things better.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

That is all for the blog this week on the blog... not that I could get more on it if I tried! I will see you back here on Monday when we are back to the normal schedule. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment