Friday, April 13, 2012

Fresh from the drawing table... Pixie!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Pixie! 'P' has some interesting monsters to offer up. It was a tough choice the first time through and it turned out to be an equally tough choice the second time through. There are several monsters I still really want to do, but I decided to go with a higher hanging fruit and a creature that on the surface could be out of my comfort zone. I present to you my version of an Pixie...

 Pixie
© 2012 Christopher Burdett

I had a really set idea and image in my head of what I wanted to do with the Pixie when I started. I wanted a slender inscetoid with an arrangement of features on the middle of its head to might imply a more humanoid face. Due to their small size and quick movements the idea of them being tiny people spread. I thought this would be a really straight forward drawing since I knew what I wanted to do well before start... it turned out I was wrong. This drawing is my third attempt at drawing this monsters, the first two had to be destroyed. I am actually not sure if I am really happy with this version either. I knew what I wanted to draw and I had visual motifs and details I was pulling in from other micro creature designs, but it somehow all turned out to be a very difficult challenge to pull it all together. I finally got a drawing past the finished line... it has yet to be determined if it is in fact the winner.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.        

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

4 comments:

  1. I dig man, The warlike side of the pixie. When I lead our DnD campaigns as the dm, I had a pixie as an npc I enjoyed playing named Rewl (can you guess what from?).

    I'm going to rummage through my old dm stuff now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog here! Really glad I found it, love the D&D monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everybody! Really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete