Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fresh from the drawing table... Xorn!


I have for you today another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Xorn! "X" offered up just one monster option so at least I can say the decision making process went quickly and smoothly. It is also hard to go wrong with a crazy mixed monster with a funny name. I present to you my version of a Xorn...


Xorn

© 2011 Christopher Burdett

To my the name Xorn always implied an alien or perhaps a Cthulhu monsters... or both. Being a bizarre mixed up earth elemental that can phase through solid rock would seem to imply that. The Xorn has always been depicted with some rather unconventional anatomy so I thought I would just push it some more and add some much needed tentacles. Not much else to say about a creature that eats rocks and metal and can pass through solid objects and has a funny name. Maybe our brains can not handle anymore knowledge of such a creature... perhaps it would lead to madness. I did have a lot of fun with it and it now has some much needed tentacles!

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.     

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment