Friday, May 20, 2011

A Game of Thrones: Queen of Dragons (Part 3)

Now there are three of them... Wrapping up a week of dragons here on the blog I bring you the final installment of my work on A Game of Thrones: Queen of Dragons expansion. Last but not least is Viserion, seen here in the midst of descending on some hapless victims (who are conveniently just out of frame)...

Viserion
(With real castle stomping action, other accessories sold separately)
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

The art order called for Viserion dropping from the sky to attack a castle and I was happy to oblige. I wanted to depict the eye line of someone who most likely will be inside the dragon in a matter of moments. Of course... now that I am looking at the piece afresh, I really should have had some arrows flying up at him from inside the castle... oh well. Next time. Though I have not seen it, here is how the final card should look...

Viserion
(now on a piece of card stock for your convenience)
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

I guess I like making things interesting for myself... a white and gold dragon in a pink and purple lit sky. If we do not challenge ourselves how do we hope to improve? I also just wanted to try to depict a dragon in a different and unique way since these are but three of the thirteen dragons I produced last year for various projects. For having not done many dragons for my professional work I certainly made up for it last year. More on all these dragons as soon as there is something to tell!

That is all for an exciting dragon filled week on the blog, see you back here for all new fun on Monday... and maybe a little more dragon action. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment