Friday, January 13, 2012

Fresh from the drawing table... Jaguar!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is an Jaguar! 'J' is a bit of a problem, it has three listings and only one of them is technically a monster. It was only a matter of time, but I have finally reached the first non-monster entrees in the Monster Manual. There was only one thing to do, pick one and get a lot of reference! I present to you my version of a Jaguar (which is pretty much a Jaguar)...

Jaguar
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

It's a Jaguar! Not much more to say about that... Well, actually... I did think long and hard about whether or not to make the mundane animal entrees in the Monster Manual more MONSTROUS or to leave them as is. I am still on the fence, but as you can see from the Jaguar I am for now going in the direction of making them representations of their normal selves. I still might end up making some of the mundanes a little more then they normally would be, but for now they will remain the natural threat that they are. RAWR!

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.        

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

5 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, the Jabberwocky is not in the first D&D Monster Manual. The only 'J' monsters are Jaugar, Jackal and Jackalwere. I have rules and I have to stick to them. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Jabberwocky might happen at some point, but not for this project.

    You are right Chuck! Jaguars do say RAWR, I am safe! :P

    ReplyDelete