Friday, May 7, 2010

Fresh from the drawing table... Bugbear!

I finished up this drawing last night and thought I would share it here today. This is my take on one of the Dungeons and Dragons monsters that caught my attention early on. I think some of it had to do with the fun name... Bugbear. The rest had to do with the snaggle toothed illustrations from the original Monster Manual and the pewter miniature that I had. Granted, the Bugbear has been around a lot longer then D&D.

Bugbear
© 2010 Christopher Burdett

This buggy guy is currently second in line for the paint treatment. I think I would rather start with this one, but I need to take care of my work in order. I hope he turns out close to how I see him in my head!

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.    
 
That is all for another week on hawt blog action! I will see you back here next week with some more fun and depending on how things go, I may have some newer work to share. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. love all the details in the accessories! can`t wait to see him painted man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the rub... I go all crazy nuts with the detail in the drawing phase and then I am stuck with painting it all later... ;)

    ReplyDelete