Monday, April 4, 2011

Fresh from the drawing table... Troll!

I have for you today another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Troll! "T" had several great monsters to pick from which left me a little indecisive for a time. The Troglodyte caught my eye early on, but I have already done a lot in the Dungeons & Dragons universe with the Troglodyte. In the end the idea of drawing a huge hulking powerhouse of destruction won me over and the Troll made the cut. I present to you my version of a Troll...

Troll
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

Is it a plant? Is it an animal? Is it a anilant or planimal? Who knows... but what is known is that it is a relentless juggernaut of destruction. I love to work on big massive hulking creatures (the dumber the better) and the Troll gave me that opportunity. You can keep your sleek lean agile creatures, give me the big slow brutes. Not sure if I explored any new territory design wise with this guy but I sure as heck had a lot of fun working on him ...and sometimes, that is enough for me. I did try to give him the appearance that his skin and horns could be plant or animal in origin or somewhere in between. He does have a big stone hammer and shields wrapped around his shins!

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.        

That is all for today here on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment