Friday, March 1, 2013

Fresh from the drawing table... Peryton!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a PERYTON! Arriving at "P" again I was faced with a lot of choices and I just could not seem to pick which monster I wanted to draw next. I decided to let to folks that follow my fan page over on Facebook decide! I listed all the remaining "P" monster and let everyone vote and the winner, by an antler, the the Peryton. This made picking a whole lot easier and also gave me a 2nd place winner that I will draw the next time I get back to "P". I present to you my version of a Peryton…      

Peryton
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

The single fact that these things need a human heart to reproduce you know an insane wizard had to be involved in its creation. Okay, you got a blood thirsty deer/bird mash up thing... yeah... that could TOTALLY naturally come about on its own. I am totally with you so far... Wait... wait... WHAT? To get MORE of these things they need a HUMAN HEART so they can get preggers?!?! I think all adventures in the Realms need to drop what they are doing and hunt down the wizard who is churning these things out. Oh never mind, I am sure it is just a matter of time before something he makes eats him.

Thanks to everyone over of Facebook for voting and helping me make my monster selection. I will be sure to do it again!

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Here is the wiki page for them:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peryton

      They are suppose to be described in a long lost medieval manuscript but most likely date back to 1957 when they appeared in the book mentioned in the wiki page by Jorge Luis Borges.

      They have been in D&D since the early days and have been a part of popular fantasy since the 60s-70s.

      Delete
  2. Love it! This is my favourite peryton, ever! Not too top-heavy on the antlers and the wings are great :-)

    ReplyDelete