Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fresh from the drawing table... Hobgoblin!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Hobgoblin! The first time through it was really hard not to pick the Hobgoblin for 'H'. At the time I felt I had already done a lot of humanoid monsters so I went with the Hydra over the Hobgoblin. Now that I am making a second pass I can be sure to remedy the situation. I present to you my version of a Hobgoblin...

Hobgoblin
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

Better equipped then Goblins and more organized then Bugbears the Hobgoblin is a real threat to the world of man. I continued with some of the anatomical arrangements I established with the Goblin so that they are visibly of a similar genetic stock. The Hobgoblins are much bigger and stronger then its more diminutive Goblin cousin. I really wanted to portray the Hobgoblin as a much more well organized professional soldier so I made sure his weapons and armor were well made and in good shape. It all came together when I found a great photo reference image I had (but didn't know I had) of an archer aiming high... the rest was super fun monster drawing time.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.        

That is all for another Wednesday on the blog! Since there is a holiday here in the States tomorrow I most likely will not be back to the blog until Monday. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment