Friday, August 21, 2015

Fresh from the drawing table... Beaver (Giant)!

I have for you another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Beaver (Giant)! I back to working on the remaining "B" monsters... till I need another break. While there are a lot of mundane "B" monsters remaining I am trying to give them a twist whenever possible. Case in point, a Giant Beaver that is a little bit more then just a really larger version of the mundane counterpart. I present to you my version of a Beaver (Giant)… 

Beaver (Giant)
9 x 12
Pencil on paper
Original - Currently not available
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

Say what you will about massive animals, but I think I would much rather tangle with a beaver the size of a car instead of a man sized beaver with a spear and shield that looks you in the eye before running you though. Not sure if wizards had something to do with all this mess with the highly intelligent bipedal tool using beavers, but I highly suspect it. Of course, crazier things have just naturally happened in the realms, so who knows. What I do know is that you need to stay on these guys good side and give their dens and wide berth.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.     

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment