Monday, March 21, 2011

Fresh from the drawing table... Shambling Mound!

I have for you today another drawing that is fresh from the drawing table. This time around it is a Shambling Mound! "S" had so many great monsters to pick from that I was a little over whelmed at first. There was in the end the Mound kept catching my eye simply because it is a monster that I had been wanting to draw for a while now. On more then one occasion recently I have had to turn down work pertaining to this walking mass of vegetation so I decided to create my own opportunity. I present to you my version of a Shambling Mound...

Shambling Mound
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

Not sure I really forged into any new territory with this one, but it is a monster I really ...REALLY been wanting to draw for myself for some time now. There is a stump of a still living tree in a field that I pass everyday on my drive to the office. In the spring and summer it really sparks my imagination when it's living parts get all green again. To me it looks like a massive plant monster lumbering across the field. "S" finally allowed me to have a lot of fun with planety tentacles, mushroom eyes and dangly vegetation bits and that makes me happy.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

That is all for today, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment