Friday, December 30, 2011

A Brave New World - Part 2 - I can has paint?

On Wednesday I shared with you the results of my first day of painting with actual real paint. I had time in my schedule to paint again yesterday and I spent most of the day doing so. This second definitely felt a whole lot more natural. Handling the paint and getting it to do what I wanted it to do came a little easier. I know I have a lot to learn and this after all is my first traditional painting, but it makes me feel like I have not somehow been cheating myself by working digitally. Maybe I actually know something about painting finally! I tried to take photos every hour showing my progress but as the night wore on I may have missed one or two, but I think you will get the idea. I took a full image, medium image and a close up each time and I have arranged them accordingly...

Full image painting progression. One of the first things I did was address some of the anatomy issues with the let side of the next that were in the drawing. Next, I tried to get paint blocked in on the rest of the figure. I was a little concerned having concentrated so much on the top half of the figure to get my feet under me that I would have a lot of difficulty matching colors the second day.

Medium shot painting progression.

Close up painting progression.

As is stands at the end of day two. Really happy with where this has ended up! I still need to get a background in there, which I am sure will have some ramifications for the figure. I know I should have worked on the background first, but I will learn more faster by just jumping into the figure. I think I have at least another day to go on it and hopefully I will have that time before Monday so I can share it with you then!

That's all for the last post of 2011! See you back here on Monday for the first post 0f 2012! I getting my year in review post together and will have that to you really soon as well! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment