Monday, December 14, 2015

Wicket W. Warrick - Star Wars LCG: Solo's Command

This is certainly a good week to debut new Star Wars work and that is exactly what I have for you today! A year ago today I was finishing this vary painting and now I can share it with you. I present you my painting (and drawing) for the character card of Wicket W. Warrick...

Wicket W. Warrick
Star Wars LCG - Solo's Command
14 x 11 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Zoe Robinson
© 2015 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Wicket W. Warrick
Star Wars LCG - Solo's Command
17 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Zoe Robinson
© 2015 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I was super thrilled when I was asked (MANY thanks, Zoe!) to do the character card for Wicket W. Warrick and I really wanted to capture the moment and feel when he was first appears on screen in Return of the Jedi. I looked at a lot of photos and stills from that moment to base my composition and palette for this painting. Hopefully I am doing that moment justice. I will have more about this piece in the future when I do a process break down. As with all of my Ewok paintings I am including a bit of blood on the weapons, since they are carnivorous hunters in such of meat to eat. I am super happy with how the card printed...

Wicket W. Warrick in handy dandy card form

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment