Monday, April 6, 2015

1000th Post! RAWR!

And then there was 1000 posts. If someone asks how long it will take to get 1000 posts on a blog tell them one option is three posts a week for just over six very full years.

What is in these 1000 posts on this blog? Well, it is more or less the entire documentation of my career as an artist for the last six years; a lot of the ups and a lot of the downs; a very thorough break down of my process and how it has changed over the years; and a peek at some of my art related adventures. When it started back in 2009 I was contemplating quitting freelance after a couple of HUGE career set backs, a bunch of rejections, and the sobering realization that my skill set was not where it needed to be to get the work I wanted. Now, in 2015 I am currently working 100% traditionally and I have reached nearly all of the goals that I had set out for myself.

A peek at my work space these days (last night actually).
100% less computers then a year ago when it comes to this stage of production.

I have said it before and I will hold to it, to get to this point it has taken a lot of time, a lot of hard work, a focus on what I love (monsters), and some long term and short term goals. It may take you a longer journey or a shorter one, but I feel it can be done. The support and encouragement of my wife though all this has been invaluable and most likely without it I would not have continued to fight through the rough patches to get here. I know I still have a lot of work ahead of me since switching from digital to traditional paint, but that is what the next six years and 1000 post are for I guess.

That handy dandy archive of posts that are just right over there in the right column on this very page. All the secrets and hard truths are right there for the taking.

Thanks to all that frequent and follow this blog. I hope I make the stop worthwhile with all my yammering and images. Let's see where this path leads to next...

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment