Friday, October 8, 2010

ArtOrder Challenge - Lovecraft Creature Lab - Byakhee

The ArtOrder Lovecraft Creature Lab Challenge wraps up today. Lots of great looking work starting to show up in the submission forum. If you have a chance I suggest you stop by and have a look!

On Monday I share with you my Deep One that I chose not to enter since the challenge called for non humanoid creatures. To insure I would not get disqualified for not following instructions I went ahead and created a second submission. I present to you my official submission to the Lovecraft Creature Lab Challenge, a BYAKHEE.

Byakhee, something I cannot and must not recall.
© 2010 Christopher Burdett
There flapped rhythmically a horde of tame, trained, hybrid winged things ... not altogether crows, nor moles, nor buzzards, nor ants, nor decomposed human beings, but something I cannot and must not recall.
—H. P. Lovecraft, "The Festival"

In the end I think I am much more happy with how the Deep One came out. It is hard to go wrong with a blasphemous fish frog! I look forward to seeing everyone's work once the judging has concluded. Should be lots of unnameable tentacled horror to feast the eyes one.

Don't forget! On Wednesday October 13th my 'Blending In' shirt will be on sale over at TeeFury.com for only 24 hours!

That is all for another week! See you back here next week for a look at another event I have coming up in October as well as lot and lot of t-shirt reminder! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment