Friday, February 5, 2016

Fresh from the drawing table... The First 100 Monsters!

It is time to close one chapter and begin the next. With the posting of the Crab (Giant) two weeks ago, it marks my 100th original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesign on this blog! Hard to imagine that I have finally hit a milestone like this, but it also points out just how far I still have to go to complete the entire book. I guess I will be doing these things in blocks of 100 drawings from now on. Here is a look at all 100 monster redesigns in one image...

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z)
Each - 9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
Originals - Currently not available
© 2010 - 2016 Christopher Burdett

If you attended my RAWR! show at 621 Gallery in November you had the chance to see all 100 early, but it took a little more time to post them all on the blog. When this all started I was just doing a single monster from each letter, now I am tackling all the monsters of a letter at once. Just got to keep an eye on the prize and think long term. Here is a look again at all 100 monsters hanging at 621 Gallery...

RAWR! at 621 Gallery this past November

If you have missed any of my first 100 redesign, no need to worry, I have updated my links on all 100 entries so that you can quickly click to each and everyone of them. Of course, they are no longer arranged chronologically, and are all now arranged alphabetically.

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

Time to get started on the next block of 100 monster redesigns! You will see the first of those next week as I tackle the remaining "C" monsters.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment