Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Monsters A-Z third pass complete!

If you are familiar with my blog then you may have come across my 'Fresh from the drawing table..." series where I redesign and draw the monsters from the original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual. As of last Friday I completed my third pass through the book which brings my total up to 66 monsters. Since some letters only have a few or even just one entry there will less monsters each pass. Let's take a look at the 19 monsters that make up the third pass...

Monsters A-Z the third pass
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

I posted the first drawing on May 7th, 2010 and have kept a steady pace up ever since. In the nearly three years since I have been able to take two of the monsters to completion, the Bugbear and the Chimera. I mentioned above that I am now up to 66 redesigned monsters, here they are all together...

Monsters A-Z the first 66
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

Now what, you may ask? Well, if you follow my Facebook Fan Page you will know I have already had two opportunities for people to vote on the next "A" and "B" monsters. You should expect the Ant (Giant) this Friday and the Basilisk in the near future! Each pass there are fewer and fewer different letters. After the fourth pass I am going to really need to consider the possibly of doing multiple selections from each letter as I proceed through the alphabet. Bet that is still a concern for another day... I have an exciting fourth pass ahead of me!

My first 100 original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual redesigns (A - Z): Aerial Servant, Ankheg, Ant (Giant), Ape (Carnivorous), Ape (Gorilla), Axe Beak, Axe Beak (version 2), Baboon, Badger, Barracuda, Basilisk, Baluchitherium, Bear (Black), Bear (Brown), Bear (Cave), Beaver (Giant), Beetle (Giant) - Bombardier, Beetle (Giant) - Boring, Beetle (Giant) - Fire, Beetle (Giant) - Rhinoceros, Beetle (Giant) - Stag, Beetle (Giant) - Water, Beholder, Black Pudding, Blink Dog, Boar (Giant), Boar (Warthog), Boar (Wild), Brain Mole, Brownie, Bugbear, Buffalo, Bulette, Carrion Crawler, Catoblepas, Cerebral Parasite, Chimera, Cockatrice, Coutal, Crab (Giant), Demon Type III (Glabrezu), Demon (Juiblex), Demon (Manes), Devil (Ice), Dragon (Red), Elemental (Earth), Ettin, Eye of the Deep, Flightless Bird, Frog (Giant), Fungi (Violet), Giant (Hill), Goblin, Golem (Flesh), Hobgoblin, Homunculus, Hydra, Imp, Intellect Devourer, Ixitxachitl, Jackal, Jacklewere, Jaguar, Ki-Rin, Kobold, Lich, Lizard (Giant), Lizardman, Manticore, Mind Flayer, Minotaur, Naga, Neo-Otygugh, Nixie, Ochre Jelly, Ogre, Owlbear, Peryton, Pixie, Purple Worm, Quasit, Ram (Giant), Roper, Rust Monster, Sahuagin, Salamander, Shambling Mound, Treant, Troglodyte, Troll, Umber Hulk, Unicorn, Vampire, Wasp (Giant), Wight, Wyvern, Xorn, Yeti, and Zombie.      

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment