Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tiefling Armor Sketches - What could have been...

As I mentioned on Monday here are some of the drawings that I did for the Tiefling armor I worked on for the D&D Character Visualizer. If you missed the armor the first time around you can seen it HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE. Some of these early versions may have been a little over the top, but you never know till you try. In the end the final design is more solid but some of my first passes still have a lot of draw for me. Makes me think about what could have been...

© 2007 Wizards of the Coast LLC

© 2007 Wizards of the Coast LLC

© 2007 Wizards of the Coast LLC

© 2007 Wizards of the Coast LLC
I still really like this first pass on the male plate. I am not sure it is right for the Tiefling race or would even be remotely functional as armor, but I still found it cool. Something about the plate/scale abdomen that I found really successful.

© 2007 Wizards of the Coast LLC
The male warlock was another I felt really strongly about after my first pass. Again, not sure if it is right for the Tiefling or even able to be worn by someone while adventuring and fighting, but I thought it was cool. It most likely is over the top. The rest of the designs were all considered to "Disco" until I got to the final one.

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment