Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Flagbearer Custom by Byleui

I had a really awesome comment left over the weekend on my post about the unreleased Dreamblade miniature, the Flagbearer. The comment had a link to Flickr and some pics of a custom Flagbearer miniature by Byleui, aka David Thies. I have to say I am REALLY impressed with the job he did on it. I am also humbled by the time an effort he put into creating something I designed. This was indeed a treat and very unexpected. I look forward to seeing what David comes up with next!

Here is my turnaround for comparison

David's Flagbearer

A couple more views of David's handy work

Here is what he had to say about the custom figure:

"OK, some six weeks later, I think I've managed to do justice to your artwork for Flagbearer. It was actually a lot of fun to construct, especially the weaving of the body from 1/8th-inch ribbon (stiffened with Superglue)." - from my blog

"It's hard to say just how long the Flagbearer took, since it was done in 5-minute increments over a month or so. I could probably make another in a weekend, doing very little else. It started with a bamboo skewer for the flagpole and some Testors Plastic Putty and Superglue Gel for the fittings. The flag was made from a high-quality cloth-like paper towel I picked up at the Alamance Country Club men's room (gotta be resourceful!). I painted the pole and flag with Testor's Enamel model paints. And for the body, I took 1/8th-inch polyester ribbon and glued it down with Superglue (holding the ribbon in place then dabbing it with the glue; once the glue soaks into it, it stiffens up in a few seconds)." - from the WotC Dreamblade Forums

If you would like to see more of David's customs he has a ton of them over on Flickr. You should take the time to head over and check them out!

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment