Friday, July 10, 2009

Artorder Sketch - Catastrophic Dragon

If you missed it, last weeks concepts are up at Artorder as well as the next two assignments. Here is my concept for this week...

The assignment this week was to create a new incarnation of the Catastrophic Dragon. The Catastrophic Dragon is a new type of primal elemental dragon recently debuted for Dungeons and Dragons. This dragon's elemental force was "Earthquake". A full description of this challenge can be found here.

For the record his lower jaw opens and then slits down the middle and hinges out to the sides. I had drawn an insert of this, but I didn't like it so I left it out. I envisioned that this dragon would slam his head into the ground to create shock waves. It would also rapidly smash it's massive fore limbs into the ground releasing primal energy from the large openings in it's husk.

Don't forget to visit ArtOrder every Tuesday to vote for your favorite artist by leaving their name in the comment field of the Concept Tuesday post! A vote for me is a vote for the future!

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment