Friday, July 3, 2009

Tijuana Flats Ceiling Tile

Better later then never... a bucket load of Internet issues today. Anyway... Here is the ceiling tile I did for the new Tijuana Flats that has opened near me. Every time a new store opens they have a ceiling tile painting contest and there a three winners that get bragging rights and some gift cards for free food. I thought this would be something fun to do and a little bit of free advertising (notice my cleverly placed web address!) The sky is the limit on what you can do but they did offer several themes they would like to see: hot sauce, fire, heat, iguanas or super heroes. I decided on hot sauce and tentacle beast. They go well together. The winners were to be announced yesterday which is why I had not shown this yet (just in case), but apparently not everyone could handle the deadline so it has been pushed till next week. I will update you as thing develop. Enough of my rambling., here is my tile:

Before it went up. Why yes, that is real paint, painted with a real brush - so retro. I used spray paint, acrylic, and paint markers.

Here a bad photo of it in it's final spot in the ceiling of Tijuana Flats.

If you were curious, here is a close up of the tile.

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. badass, I am in the process of making one.

    ReplyDelete