Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Far Wilds - Borderlands ( part 1 )

Way back in March I began working on The Far Wilds, an online turn based strategy game. I worked on a couple of cards every few months and by the time the newest expansion, Borderlands, was released last week I produced 10 cards for the set. The final pieces ended up being around 250 x 250 pixels in game so they needed to read well small. Hopefully I achieved that! You can play online or download a version of the game that includes 3D models of all the cards. It was a fun project to work on and allowed me several opportunities to experiment and try something new. Here are 5 of the cards...

Blizzard
© 2009 Code Collective, LLC

Brawn Ox
© 2009 Code Collective, LLC

Cyclodo
© 2009 Code Collective, LLC

Demented Gangi
© 2009 Code Collective, LLC

Dirty Bully
© 2009 Code Collective, LLC

I will have the remaining 5 up on Friday. Still trying to get all my ducks in a row after Illuxcon. Had to get a ton of sketches out the door yesterday and some more today. No rest for the wicked. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! No rest for the wicked, money don't grow on trees. Looking good, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. Looks like Jed has good taste in artists ;)

    ReplyDelete