Sunday, November 15, 2009

Illuxcon DAY 4

Day 4 of Illuxcon is upon us and I am exhausted. There were no events schedule today just hours and hours to cruise the gallery floor... or in my case, crawl the floors. Today was perfect to get things signed, make last purchases and steal some moments with your favorite artists. A lot of the artists were out of their booths talking with their peers and trading art. The excitement was still high, though it was tempered but a tiredness. Through out the afternoon the artists slowly packed up and began to depart. All in all Illuxcon has been amazing. I can not recommend it enough. My brain is pretty much jello at this point but I know I will come away with so much. One on one reviews and dialogues about your work are great but being able to do that with art directors and artists that you admire is invaluable.

I hope that I will be able to attend next year. A lot of the attending artist say that Illuxcon is the one event that they will definitely attend next year. Now for some images from the day...

I was able to add Lars Grant-West to my Monster Manual 2.

Steve Prescott and William O'Connor also join my Monster Manual 2 as well. SCORE!

Sunday morning at Illuxcon. I love the smell of fantasy art in the morning.

We see now the illusive Brom in his native environment.

Boris Vallejo (hiding towards the top) and Larry Elmore (bottom right).

The last frenzied moments!

The art begins to come down. Illuxcon is drawing to an end.

I will do some sort of wrap up in the coming days and might share some more photos that didn't make the cut. I also will be going back to all the Illuxcon posts and will be correcting any grammar / spelling issues and link all the mentioned artist to their appropriate websites. I have a full day of traveling tomorrow as I head back to Florida. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

    I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

    Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

    Sincerely,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for taking the time to share with us unfortunates who weren't there!

    Oh, and I remember that Lockwood sketch from Comic Con...I expect that Monster Manual you've got there should now reside in a museum or gallery, now, as a testamount to artistic awesomeness (and kindness to boot!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cacodaemonia, yeah, I am trilled to have gotten it at Comic Con this year! It is a beauty for sure. It is also a big incentive to get other artist to do the same ;)

    @MuYoung, you are very welcome! Fun times need to be shared! Yeah, I think I need to retire this copy of the MM2 from being my playing copy and put it on the book shelf.

    ReplyDelete