Monday, February 6, 2017

Footman - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I have a new personal piece from the series of toned paper monsters I have been working on. I have significantly increased my work on these pieces, and I have more completed pieces waiting to be shared. I will go into greater detail another day, but the grand idea for all of these has come into focus, and an end goal has been set, but that is all I can say for now.

Today's monster is the most perplexing Footman. The Footmen are one of the many monstrosities that are part of the Woven. Is there nothing that the Woven Shaper not attempt? Time will tell.

Footman
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
© 2017 Christopher Burdett

I have been making a point to scan the line art of all of these to have a complete record of the process and the various steps. You never know when the line art could come in handy.

Footman - line art
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
© 2017 Christopher Burdett

Here are all the other completed monsters for The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia: Aberrant Stilter, Belled Kreep, Corrupted Knight, Dight-Kin, Eau-de-nil Elder, Ethra VanDalia, Footman, Gray Wanderer, Gullet, Humgruffin Mother, Irritated Girasol, Judicator, Kiplorbic Animal Dealer, Lammergeier Transport, Myopic Riflemen, Nimsbane Curse Victim, Ophiomornous Bureaucrat, Petrous Blacksmith, Quincaillerie, Saint Marque, Smokestack, Thrice, Uncanny Scribe, Virulent Artificer, Xandrell Tree, Yote Arms Dealer, and Zombic Spore.

As an added bonus, I have some images of the rendering taking shape on this piece. I have since been capturing images of the line work going down too, so I will have even more to share of these coming together.

Footman - Process
© 2017 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment