Monday, June 20, 2016

Eau-de-nil Elder - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia - Final Drawing and Render Time Lapse

Today I have the finished Eau-de-nil Elder. I previously shared the line work and time-lapse for this piece here on the blog. There has been a couple of months gap during the creation of this piece, but I am happy to say that it is now finished. As with the line work, I recorded myself doing all of the rendering and made a time-lapse of it. Before I get ahead of myself, here is the completed Eau-de-nil Elder.

Eau-de-nil Elder 
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
© 2016 Christopher Burdett

It took me 3.5 hours, spread over three separate sessions to complete the rendering of this piece. I condensed that time down to 25 minutes for the time-lapse. I know that is a bit to watch, but if it were any faster, you wouldn't be able to see what I was doing. If you are interested in how I work and draw, this is an excellent opportunity to see just that.


Eau-de-nil Elder render time lapse
© 2016 Christopher Burdett

If you are doing the math, that was 3.5 hours to render, it was about an hour to do the line work, to do the original digital sketch it was about an hour, and the photo reference shoot took about 15 minutes. Sometimes these pieces go quicker, sometimes they take longer. It all depends on the drawing, the number of distractions, and the amount of time I can spend on the piece uninterrupted.

Here are all the other completed monsters for The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia: Aberrant Stilter, Belled Kreep, Corrupted Knight, Dight-Kin, Eau-de-nil Elder, Ethra VanDalia, Footman, Gray Wanderer, Gullet, Humgruffin Mother, Irritated Girasol, Judicator, Kiplorbic Animal Dealer, Lammergeier Transport, Myopic Riflemen, Nimsbane Curse Victim, Ophiomornous Bureaucrat, Petrous Blacksmith, Quincaillerie, Saint Marque, Smokestack, Thrice, Uncanny Scribe, Virulent Artificer, Xandrell Tree, Yote Arms Dealer, and Zombic Spore.

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment