Monday, October 19, 2015

Dight-Kin - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

Here is the last of the new work that I have been finishing up in preparation for Illuxcon. I have been sitting on this piece for a while now. First, I had the idea, and then I did nothing. Second, I sketched out the concept and then did nothing. Third, I did the line art drawing and then did nothing. Finally, FINALLY, I made the time to render this bad boy up fully, and now it is done. This thing has been haunting me for MANY months.

 Dight-Kin
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

With the encouragement of my wife, I scanned the line art stage of the Dight-Kin so that there is a documentation of that stage of the drawing, and here it is.

 Dight-Kin - Line art before the rendering began
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

Here are all the other completed monsters for The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia: Aberrant Stilter, Belled Kreep, Corrupted Knight, Dight-Kin, Eau-de-nil Elder, Ethra VanDalia, Footman, Gray Wanderer, Gullet, Humgruffin Mother, Irritated Girasol, Judicator, Kiplorbic Animal Dealer, Lammergeier Transport, Myopic Riflemen, Nimsbane Curse Victim, Ophiomornous Bureaucrat, Petrous Blacksmith, Quincaillerie, Saint Marque, Smokestack, Thrice, Uncanny Scribe, Virulent Artificer, Xandrell Tree, Yote Arms Dealer, and Zombic Spore.

Further details on this piece, like all of these personal monsters on toned paper, will have to wait for another day and hopefully a different type of information interface. Fear naught, for all will be revealed in the fullness of time. As a bonus, here are some images of the piece as I worked on it.

All images © 2015 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment