Monday, December 15, 2014

Aberrant Stilter - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

Recently I have shared with you my Gray Wanderer, Corrupted Knight, Smokestack, and Belled Kreep monsters. Today, I have for you the fifth piece in this series. This piece was finished this past weekend and continues to be at the new larger scale. I present you with the Aberrant Stilter.

Aberrant Stilter
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Currently Available Grand Bazaar Originals
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

The Aberrant Stilter is one of three monsters I designed once returning home from Illuxcon this year and is the second to be completed. The Belled Kreep was the first of these new monsters. I allowed people on Facebook to vote on which I would draw, based on just the name. The Aberrant Stilter received the second most votes.

Here are all the other completed monsters for The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia: Aberrant Stilter, Belled Kreep, Corrupted Knight, Dight-Kin, Eau-de-nil Elder, Ethra VanDalia, Footman, Gray Wanderer, Gullet, Humgruffin Mother, Irritated Girasol, Judicator, Kiplorbic Animal Dealer, Lammergeier Transport, Myopic Riflemen, Nimsbane Curse Victim, Ophiomornous Bureaucrat, Petrous Blacksmith, Quincaillerie, Saint Marque, Smokestack, Thrice, Uncanny Scribe, Virulent Artificer, Xandrell Tree, Yote Arms Dealer, and Zombic Spore.

Further details on this piece, like all of these personal monsters on toned paper, will have to wait for another day and, hopefully, a different type of information interface. Fear naught, all will be revealed in the fullness of time. As a bonus, here are some images of the piece as I worked on it.

All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

I have three videos of time-lapse drawing sessions over on YouTube if you want to see the image being actively worked on. If you have a chance check out VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2, and VIDEO 3.

That is all for another exciting Monday. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment