Monday, December 1, 2014

Changing the Game and Illuxcon 2015

I can't talk about one of these without mentioning the other, so I have two bits of news to share with you today...

Changing the Game

Artistically, I have been through a lot this year. For the last couple of years I have been getting closer and closer to a crossroads and have been unable to commit to the path. I have finally chosen and committed. The long and the short of it is that I have switched from creating my work digitally to creating my work completely traditionally - for myself and my clients. I produced my last digital piece in July, since then everything that I have produced has been traditionally painted or drawn.

This has not been an easy decision to make and it has not been easy to execute. It has been something I have been working towards for a while now and something I didn't choose to do lightly. I am not saying I will never do another digital painting - some clients and projects, in the short term, may still require it. I am doing my very best to work completely traditionally from this point on. I have a LOT to learn, but I am doing everything in my power to get my traditional skill set up to where my digital skill set is.

I will be going into all this in much more detail when I do my year in review wrap up at the end of the month. You can still expect to see more digital work appearing over the next year as my remaining digital client work is released. Beginning next year you can expect to see the switch as my traditional client work begins to be released.

Illuxcon 2015

I am thrilled to be able to announce that I have been selected for the Illuxcon 8 Weekend Salon! I never expected to be selected but figured I would submit as an act of commitment to my switch to  traditional media... SO glad that I did. My selection to the Weekend Salon is but one of the recent events that have shown me that my switch was the correct decision. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to Illuxcon 8 and to be part of such an amazing gathering of incredibly talented artists.

I really don't have words for this to be honest. I still very much feel like the inexperienced artist desperately trying to find my way surrounded by so much AWESOME as when I attended my first Illuxcon in 2009. I guess things have changed on since then...

(image courtesy Illuxcon)

A HUGE THANKS goes out to Patrick and Jeannie Wilshire and to all the members of the jury for including me in Illuxcon 8. It looks like I better make sure I have lots to bring with me next year!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment