Monday, November 24, 2014

Gray Wanderer - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I am a little behind in sharing some of my personal work here on the blog. With all the client work and related content, I have to wait to post my personal work, and sometimes it takes a back seat. Let's see if I can remedy that!

Here is the first piece of a larger personal project I am currently working on. You may remember seeing process images of this a few months back. This piece was done before Gen Con and went home with a fellow artist at Gen Con. I present you with the Gray Wanderer...

Gray Wanderer
9 x 12
Pencil on paper
© 2014 Christopher Burdett
Original - SOLD

Here are all the other completed monsters for The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia: Aberrant Stilter, Belled Kreep, Corrupted Knight, Dight-Kin, Eau-de-nil Elder, Ethra VanDalia, Footman, Gray Wanderer, Gullet, Humgruffin Mother, Irritated Girasol, Judicator, Kiplorbic Animal Dealer, Lammergeier Transport, Myopic Riflemen, Nimsbane Curse Victim, Ophiomornous Bureaucrat, Petrous Blacksmith, Quincaillerie, Saint Marque, Smokestack, Thrice, Uncanny Scribe, Virulent Artificer, Xandrell Tree, Yote Arms Dealer, and Zombic Spore.

I have spoken a little about this piece, but to be to the point, it started as a mixing of Cthulhu and Norse mythos, but it is really a lot more. In the fullness of time, I hope to share where I am going with these drawings. I will leave it at that for now. There will be plenty of time and better places to go into detail. As an added bonus, here are some images of the piece as I worked on it...

All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

 That is all for another exciting Monday on that blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. Super cool! I get the Norse Cthulhu thing, but when I first saw it I thought of like a Mind Flayer Druid or something. I love the pose and the glow from the jar too.

    ReplyDelete