Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Pensacon 2017 Recap

I am back from Pensacon 2017 and I had a truly amazing time while there. Last year was incredible and this year was exponentially better. I can not say enough good things about Pensacon and all those involved in making it happen. In my experience of conventions and events, Pensacon is a very special place run by a great team of people. I met a ton of really great people at Pensacon and there was never a dull moment. It was great being able to share my work with so many people and to send some of my monsters home with them. There is so much that is impossible to share here on the blog about my time at Pensacon. Accidental interactions with celebrity guests, great interactions with fans, super great cosplay, and unexpected moments galore are all around the entire weekend. So much fun and so much neat stuff all around! I am already looking forward to 2018!

A HUGE thanks goes out to Mike Ensley for having me out and to all the staff and volunteers at Pensacon 2017. Thank you so much for making my time at the con so much fun and very very memorable! 

Here are some images and thoughts from Penascon 2017...

On the out ring the artist alley circles above the vendor floor.

Dear Wife assists in getting the booth ready to go.

As with last year I advertise forwards and backwards.

My favorites from the Thursday night drink and draw. Artist were given time limits and challenges while they drew in front of an audience. The drawings were later auctioned off to raise money for local community support groups.

Great view from the 11th floor of the event hotel.

The vendor floor is ready to go on the first day of Pensacon.

My booth is once again ready to go at Pensacon! RAWR!


My first panel of the convention was talking about makeup effects with an amazing group of artists.

Brain Muir, Robert Kurtzman, RJ Haddy, myself, and the missing from the picture Wade Acuff shared stories about making monsters for TV and movies. FUN TIMES!

The panel of the Match Games Friday night after the con. Mike Ensley was the host and I was on the the contestants.. the contestant that won!

Packed house at the Match Game.

Got a quick moment with James Leary who I have not crossed paths with since my time on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Comic Book Men and their fans...

Pika Karaoke...

Crazy day Saturday.


Signed some Star Wars card!

Saw some Star Wars things...

Signed and sketched on many items that were auctioned off to support local community groups.

The artist ring.

 The illustrator panel with Brian LeBlanc, Mark Maddock, Nen, and myself...

...and the crowd goes wild.

Signed some Magic Cards!

Slightly larger turnout for the Star Wars Expanded Universe (Legneds) panel

Kevin J. Anderson, Timothy Zahn, and somehow myself talk working on Star Wars outside of the movies.

Fun times meeting and talking with Angus MacInnes who played Gold Leader in Star Wars and Rogue One.

All good things come to an end, including Pensacon.

Dear Wife assists in tearing down the booth.

Before heading home I finally got a photo from our room of the frequent trains that come through Pensacola.

That is all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment