Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Kaijudo - Vortex

This is a bittersweet post. On the one hand I am THRILLED to be able to finally share some of my Kaijudo work. On the other hand this work is appearing in the very last set of Kaijudo to be released. That is the way things go sometimes in the gaming industry. Before I get into any more the sad bits, here are my pieces from Vortex, the final Kaijudo set...

"Decay" - Kaijudo - Vortex
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast

"Lava Burst" - Kaijudo - Vortex
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast

"Overshields" - Kaijudo - Vortex
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast

These were SUPER FUN to work on and many thanks goes out to Keven Smith for involving me with Kaijudo and for the great art direction. I started working on Kaijudo just after Gen Con last year (2013) and produced "Decay" and two other pieces that have not been released. I believe these three initial pieces were to appear in the set previous to Vortex, but as production shifts so does the release of cards. "Lava Burst" and "Overshields" were produced for Vortex and were the last two cards that I had the opportunity to paint.

There is word that a final unproduced set for Kaijudo will be released digitally in October. I have my fingers crossed that my two unreleased cards will make an appearance then. If my cards do not surface only time will tell if I will be able to share them. All that said, these three made it out, consider me happy! When Dreamblade was ended I had a ton of miniatures that ended up never being made, which makes just two cards seem like nothing.

Here are how the final production cards turned out, I am REALLY happy with them!

Handy dandy card forms for all your hand held Kaijudo needs!

That is all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, they printed great. REALLY happy with how they turned out.

      Delete