Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Talisman: Sacred Pool (part 1)

Talisman: Sacred Pool from Fantasy Flight Games is now out in stores and I am happy to be able to share my contribution to this newest expansion. PRETTY PONIES! That's right, as part of my duties on Sacred Pool I got to paint some pretty pretty ponies. Of the five pieces I contributed to this set two of them were horses, and in fact they were my first ever horses. I had to bolster my reference library with several books on horses and really work to get my head around these complex animals. Here is how they turned out...

Firemane
© 2010 Fantasy Flight Games

Fel Steed
© 2010 Fantasy Flight Games

When in doubt, add butterflies. So far this has worked well for me and I suggest you do the same. These were a real challenge for me but in the end I am happy with how they turned out. I went back into both of them several times to polish and add more layers of detail. Through out working on them I was constantly gathering more reference. Not sure if it will be apparent in the final cards, but I know it is in there and you can see it here.

I will be back here on Friday with the remaining three pieces I did for Sacred Pool - all the not so beautiful people. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

3 comments:

  1. the white one looks a litle weird but the black one is realy nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When in doubt, add butterflies."

    Truer words were never spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're ever looking for a topic for some quick blog posts, I'd like to see some examples of the reference books you find most useful for various subjects.

    Any tips (or links) you have, for when you have an upcoming project and you're trying to find some good reference books, would be appreciated too!

    ReplyDelete