Monday, August 29, 2011

Black Crusade

Starting off the week with more new work! Following the recent trend, it is new Warhammer 40K work for Fantasy Flight Games. This time around though it is from the new RPG title, Black Crusade! I was able to get my copy and release permission while at Gen Con which is pretty cool since the book has not officially available for sale. I produced three pieces for the book...

Corruptis
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

Giant Spined Chaos Beast
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

Nurglings
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

RAWR! Space monsters! More monsters from the dark grim future, what more could you ask for? These were of course really fun to work on. The one thing that strikes me about working on Warhammer 40K is the importance of being incredibly faithful to the miniatures the art is based on. Miniature reference has been provided to me for 99% of my Warhammer work and each time I was told to make the art look like the mini. For me, this brings up one issue... the color of the monster. I tend to include a lot of color and pattern in my monsters and often the 40K reference I am provided has the monster painted... RED or GREEN and that is it. It is a fine line of putting too much blue and yellow into that GREEN monster when it stops looking like the reference. I make the best of it and know that I am hired to preform a skilled task and it is my job to stick to the reference and make it look good,

That is all for another exciting Monday, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment