Monday, July 29, 2024

Gen Con THIS WEEK! And Surprises!

We are mere days away from the best four days in gaming, and I wanted to share some of the surprises I have in store for those attending Gen Con. Starting Thursday, you can find me in the Gen Con Art Show at booth 17 in Indianapolis, IN. In addition to everything related to The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia, I will also have concept art and illustrations from my work on seasons 4 and 5 of Angel AND a slew of new Magic the Gathering artist proofs adorned with color art. So, let's get to it!

Come see me at Art Show booth 17!

You may remember that earlier this year at Pensacon, I made available, for the very first time, several of my pieces from my Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. In addition to the remaining pieces, which I will have with me at Gen Con, I will be bringing a bunch of concepts from seasons 4 and 5 of Angel. These will be bundled in sets so that you can get all of the art related to a particular monster or stage of concepting. ALL of these became monsters you can see on the show, and I have talked about and shared about them all before here on the blog. These are one-of-a-kind items that are part of the Buffyverse and should not be missed. But if you do miss out, I still have more art tucked away for a future event.

Concept art and illustrations from seasons 4 and 5 of Angel!

Artist proofs! I have created a number of new color art proofs, which include several cards that are getting the color art treatment for the first time. In addition, I have three Breaching Little Hippocamps and an exclusive 4-up Ancient Carp that is created using four proofs to make one image. The 4-up Ancient Carp comes framed and ready to display. I had so much fun making all of these and learned a lot doing them. But after making so many of them, it will be good to have a little break from them at Gen Con... where I will likely be drawing and sketching all weekend.

Salazating Gremlins in their first color art proof!

The perennial favorite that is the Gudul Lurker.

The Shimmerwing Chimera is also getting its first color art proof!

I can't do an event without an Ancient Carp.

As a special treat, I have THREE Breaching Little Hippocamps!
We wanted to do something fun and special as I near the end of available proofs.

And finally, as a Gen Con exclusive, I have a 4-up Ancient Carp that includes FOUR proofs to make one large image. This will be the ONLY ONE I will likely ever do - especially as I am nearing the end of my original printing of proofs.

Here are a pair of images of the 4-up in its frame. Ready to hang or sit out on a surface, the Ancient Carp is ready for any display choice.

I will also have some proofs from previous events that I have done this year. I have shared all of these on the blog already, but I wanted to include them as they will be available at the show as well.

Shifting Shadow

Loathsome Catoblepas

Coveted Peacock

A fully painted Beholder on a Shifting Shadow

Bribe Taker

It has been a lot of work to get ready for this year's Gen Con, but hopefully, it will be worth it in the end. And again, you can find me at booth 17 in the Gen Con Art Show! I hope to see you there!

As a reminder, find me at booth 17 in the Art Show!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. I will see you back here after Gen Con! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment