Friday, July 14, 2023

Sibriex 2D Miniature

Last month, I shared that there are now 2D acrylic versions of some of my Dungeons & Dragons monsters available. Today, I have for you the mighty Sibriex! Sibriex is one of those monsters that I never envisioned them making the first miniature for it, let alone a second. Not that I think it is undeserving of the miniature treatment, it is that Sibriex is a massive ooze-dripping demon chained to the ground. But, as I love nearly all monsters, I love to see that Sibriex is back and has been turned into a new mini. I updated the design and painted Sibriex for Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, and here is how the final painting turned out.

Sibriex
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

If you want to seek out this set, here is an image of the packaging. The 2D Sibriex can be found in Boneyard Set 1 of the D&D Idols of the Realms line of miniatures.

Boneyard Set 1

I find these to be very fun. The minis are very high quality, and the printing is excellent. There are bases for all miniatures, which are arranged by size. Here is the 2D version of Sibriex.

Sibriex 2D Miniature

I find it interesting that the pose of the 2D image is flipped from the 3D miniature. I guess this is an easy way to make them different and unique. You can compare the 3D mini to the 2D. I like them both and would always go for a 3D piece in the end, but the appearance, color, and detail are all superior in the 2D mini. To each their own, and more minis are fine by me. 

Sibriex Miniature

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week. Until then... 

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment