Friday, June 23, 2023

Chucklehead 2D Miniature

I mentioned last week that I would have more of the monsters I painted for Dungeons & Dragons making a return appearance as a new miniature. What I did not know, on top of some of my monsters getting updated miniatures, was that some of the monsters were getting 2D acrylic miniatures too! I stumbled upon the line of D&D acrylic miniatures by accident and was thrilled to see so many of my monsters included in the various sets. To start things off, I have for you the 2D mini of Chucklehead. I painted Chucklehead for The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, and here is how the final painting turned out.

Chucklehead
The Wild Beyond the Witchlight
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2021 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Now that I know there is a line of 2D acrylic minis, I have been looking into all of the sets. If you want to seek out this set, here is an image of the packaging. The 2D Chucklehead can be found in The Wild Beyond the Witchlight Set 2 of the D&D Idols of the Realms line of miniatures.

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight Set 2

I find these to be very fun. They are very high quality and the printing is excellent. There are bases for all of the miniatures, and they are arranged by size. Here is the 2D version of Chucklehead.

Chucklehead 2D Miniature

I find it interesting that the pose of the 2D image is flipped from the 3D miniature. I guess this is an easy way to make them different and unique. You can compare the 3D mini to the 2D. I like them both and would always go for a 3D piece in the end, but the appearance, color, and detail are all superior in the 2D mini. To each, their own, and more minis are fine by me. 

Chucklehead Miniature

 That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment