Friday, June 16, 2023

NEW Yuan-ti Broodguard Miniature

If you are saying to yourself there is already a Yuan-ti Broodguard miniature out there and that I shared it here on the blog, you are correct. Today I am sharing the NEW Yuan-ti Broodguard miniature that was recently released. I am sure some are wondering why we need a new Yuan-ti Broodguard miniature, and I will address that, but first, let us look back at my original Yuan-ti Broodguard painting that I created for Volo's Guide to Monsters.

Yuan-Ti Broodguard
Volo's Guide to Monsters
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC

BEHOLD! It is a miniature, and it looks awesome and is based on my illustration. For those wondering why there is a new version of this monster, I guess they are correcting the mistake of making the original Yuan-Ti Broodguard mini too small. The version that came out in 2017 was a tiny or small-scaled mini, and the monster is more of a medium-sized monster. Here is a look at the new and improved Yuan-Ti Broodguard miniature.

Yuan-ti Broodguard Miniature - Sand and Stone
© 2023 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Lastly, I want to share an image of the previous miniature version. It turned out great, if not a little small. This original version did have its tongue out like my painting, but no tongue is perfectly fine too. Maybe seven years is enough time to warrant a new version of any miniature. I have it on good authority that this is not the only one making a return appearance as a new miniature. But more on this another day.

Yuan-ti Broodguard Miniature - Tomb of Annihilation
© 2017 Wizards of the Coast LLC

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment